1. The Thrill of Physics with Illana Gambrill, Founder of DanceBox
Welcome to Unfinished Business, a new podcast where we sit down with entrepreneurs who have overcome the challenges of starting a company, and the secrets to keeping it alive. Hosted by Liana Fricker, Founder and Inspirer-in-Chief at Inspiration Space, this is a masterclass and mentoring session all rolled into one.
In this episode of Unfinished Business, you'll meet Illana Gambrill, Founder of DanceBox. Illana is the perfect example of when a creative tour de force unlocks their inner entrepreneur. She started dancing at age 12 and by 18 was working as a pro, travelling the world with famous artists on tours and TV shows.
Yet, after years of shouldering the weight and pressure of being a professional dancer, Illana quit the industry to explore something new. And so, DanceBox was born. What started as a simple idea, adult dance classes, grew into a smash hit.
But when the Covid-19 pandemic hit, Illana had to think on her feet and take a leap into the unknown.
In this episode you'll learn that:
- Starting a business can be intimidating, but with support, you can navigate the highs and lows of working for yourself.
- Utilising social media effectively is crucial for growing a business and connecting with potential customers.
- Change can be difficult, but it's important to pursue your dreams and embrace a 'squiggly' career.
- Balancing work, life, and personal well-being is critical for success.
- Asking for help, prioritising marketing and finance, and focusing on your goals are all essential steps in starting a business.
Inspiration Space exists to galvanise the next generation of entrepreneurs and give them the training and support they need to create the world they want to see. Community-powered support is how you achieve extraordinary results. No guru's or quick fixes. Just tried and trusted frameworks that work.